The Pacific Northwest Xterra Club was established in 1999 as an escape for Nissan Xterra owners in the Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia areas. The primary goal of PNWX is to provide family fun, four wheeling, and new friendships for owners of this offroad-capable SUV.
We hope that you enjoy browsing our web site and that you come back to see us again. Of course you’re always welcome to join the club, too! See the Join page for more information.
Posted below are the official PNWX Guidelines. All members must read and agree to these guidelines.
PNWX Guidelines – Updated 9/18/2011
Article I – Name
This organization shall be known as the Pacific Northwest Xterra Club (PNWX).
Article II – Objectives
The Pacific Northwest Xterra Club is organized as a non-profit organization for the purpose of:
- Providing social, educational, and recreational activities for its membership.
- Participating in and supporting civic activities for the betterment of the community.
Article III – Membership and Dues
- Owners of four wheel drive (4WD) Nissan Xterras, and other vehicles as approved by the Board of Directors, are eligible for membership in PNWX.
- New members and existing members at time of renewal must sign or agree to the Pacific Northwest Xterra Club Guidelines and Liability Wavier Form.
- Each membership includes immediate family; however, voting power is restricted to a single vehicle owner.
- Members must be at least twenty one (21) years of age, must hold a valid driver’s license, and must have appropriate insurance coverage on their vehicle, as required by law.
- Members should practice responsible driving principles and pose the least possible effect on the environment.
- Unruly or disrespectful behavior by club members during club events or meetings will not be tolerated.
- Dues for PNWX shall be $20 per member per year, payable in advance. Yearly dues are expected to be paid by January 31st. Any member whose dues are unpaid one month after the due date shall have their membership terminated. Reinstatement will be by approval of the Board of Directors and will require the $20 membership fee.
- Dues can be waived for the entire membership at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Members shall immediately notify the Secretary-Treasurer upon a change of address, telephone number, or related contact information.
- Resignation of any member shall be in writing (e-mail accepted) and submitted to a member of the Board of Directors.
- When a member disposes of and no longer owns an Xterra, that membership will terminate unless approved by vote by the Board of Directors. Non-owners who are approved to continue their membership give up their right to hold a Board of Directors position in the club. In addition, their participation in club-sponsored activities will be by the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Members will not consume alcohol while driving on- or off-highway at a PNWX event.
- Illegal possession or consumption of controlled substances will not be tolerated.
- Any member who violates any of the above mentioned responsibilities will be subject to immediate review by the Board of Directors for possible suspension or membership termination without refund of dues.
Article IV – Xcursion/Event Procedures
- Any member may plan xcursions and take on the role of trail leader for his/her xcursions.
- The trail leader is responsible for directing an xcursion or event.
- All event participants are responsible to follow the direction of trail leader from beginning of an event to termination of that event.
- No one under the age of 18 will be permitted to drive in any event unless accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- All guests will be required to sign a participant’s release prior to the event.
- If a member’s guest is a minor, the member accepts full responsibility for the minor and his/her actions during the event.
- All members and guests participating in an event shall abide by the Motor Vehicle Code of the state concerned and by the laws and regulations of the city, county, or circumstances involved.
- All participation in club events and xcursions is at your own risk. PNWX is not responsible for costs, damage, or injury incurred during participation in a club event or xcursion.
Article V – Meetings
- Board of Directors’ meetings shall be held twice yearly at six month intervals. Meeting places and times shall be designated by the Board of Directors.
- Additional membership meetings may be called by the Board of Directors. All members are encouraged to attend PNWX meetings so they may participate in discussions that affect their club.
Article VI – Administration and Officers
- The Executive Officers of PNWX shall consist of a President, Vice President, and Secretary-Treasurer, and shall be known as the Executive Committee. It shall be their duty to draw up an agenda for all Board and membership meetings.
- The Board of Directors shall consist of the Executive Committee and regional Directors.
- No Board of Directors member shall be added to the club except by the vote of the majority of the club membership.
Article VII – Duties and Powers of Officers
- The President shall preside over all membership and board meetings when possible. The President shall have the duty to carry out the policies and decisions of the Board of Directors. The President shall be without the right to vote except in the event of a tie.
- The Vice President shall, in the absence of the President, serve in that capacity.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall keep accurate and complete records of membership dues, expenditures, meeting notes (if present), and member data. The Secretary-Treasurer will only disburse funds as approved by the Board of Directors.
- In addition to their regular duties of overseeing club direction and expenditures, the Board of Directors shall be primarily responsible for organizing club activities.
Article VIII – Expenditures and Finance
- All monies received from all sources shall immediately be turned over to the Secretary-Treasurer to be deposited in the PNWX account.
- No withdrawal of funds shall be made without the approval of the Board of Directors. Single expenditures in excess of $75 will require a majority vote by the membership. Account records will be available to any Board member when requested.
Article IX – Election of Officers
- Executive Officers and Directors are named on PNWX paperwork filed as part of our obligations as a non-profit organization. When vacancies become available, the membership shall elect Executive Officers and Directors, as organized by the existing Executive Committee. Newly elected Executive Officers and Directors shall take office immediately to fill vacancies.
- Members will vote online at the PNWX Message Board. Voting will be open for at least one week and it is each member’s responsibility to participate during that time. Voting will be kept confidential.
- All members owning Xterras are eligible for Executive Officer and Director positions. All members interested in running must submit their name to the Secretary-Treasurer, the President, and the Vice President separately, along with their desired position: President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer, or Director.
Article X – Recall
Any PNWX Board of Directors member may be recalled by a two-thirds majority vote of the entire membership at any time. Only the Board of Directors shall put forth such vote.
Article XI – Amendments
- These bylaws may be amended by a majority vote of the Board of Directors at any time. The entire Board of Directors must be present and the club President shall oversee the discussions and votes.
- Any amendments to the bylaws will take effect immediately after the Board makes a public announcement to the club membership. This announcement may be made through e-mail or on the club bulletin board.